Tourism, Recreation and Environment
- Identify the complexities related to tourism and the impact on the Twin Ports and state.
- Appreciate the efforts in winning and securing conventions, and individual visitors.
- Appreciate the economic impact of the tourism on our local community.
- Explain the relationship, needs, and opportunities of tourism funding and growth of the industry.
- To list the current environmental issues facing this region;
- To describe how sustainable decision-making connects with community development;
- To describe how our personal and professional choices impact the environment;
- To examine their own responsibility in environmental issues to become active trustees of the Duluth community; and
- To employ new leadership skills related to sustainability.
*Leadership Duluth sessions are available to current class members only.